The Garden Media Guild Awards: General Rules
|Awards Home||How to Enter||Award Categories||Sponsors||Judges||Awards Lunch||Previous Winners||Contact Us|
General Rules to Enter the Garden Media Guild Awards 2016
1. All entries must have been first published or broadcast between October 1, 2015 and September 30, 2016.
2. All entries must be received by September 30, 2016. Late or incomplete entries will not be considered and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. All entries will be acknowledged by e-mail.
3. All entries must be made using a separate official Entry Form published on this website.
4. Nominations made by Garden Media Guild members are free. Each nomination from a non-Garden Media Guild member must be accompanied by an entry fee (£50 for books, £20 for other categories except The Alan Titchmarsh New Talent Award which is free of charge) to cover the Guild's administrative costs.
5. You may nominate your own work or that of someone else (but if they are not a Garden Media Guild member the non-member entry fee will be payable). You may make any number of different entries, as long as each is accompanied by its own Entry Form and the appropriate entry fee.
However, no piece of work may be entered in more than one category, except for:
- The New Talent Award, which can also be entered into one other appropriate category.
- A book can be entered for one of the Book Awards (under Author’s name) and for the Book Photographer Award (under Photographer’s name) even if this happens to be the same person.
6. With the exception of photography categories, all entries must be in English. All entries must be available within the UK. 'Within the UK' is a liberal definition which includes via the internet, in specialist outlets and via mail order.
7. Payment (see <>) may be made by cheque or BACS transfer. E-mail The Guild Head Office at email@example.com to collect the GMG bank details for BACS payment.
If paying by cheque, please make it payable to ‘The Garden Media Guild’. Failure to include an entry fee will invalidate the entry. If the entry criteria are not met, no refunds will be made.
8. It is not necessary to be a member of The Garden Media Guild in order to enter or to nominate work for an Award. However, non-member entrants must be UK-based and their entries must be from UK media, with the exception of the New Media Award, Blog of the Year and Website of the Year Awards where, as long as the material submitted is in English and available in the UK, entrants can be based overseas.
9. The judges reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if they deem it to be more appropriate. Please liaise with colleagues and associates to avoid duplication of entries. Multiple nominations will not be a factor in the judging. Each entry into a category will be judged on its individual merits. If a person chooses to enter more than one set of articles/photographs/programmes/websites, then the fact that there is more than one under his or her name will not carry any weight with the judging panel.
10. All nominations will be treated in strict confidence.
11. Entries will be considered by a panel of Guild members and invited specialists in each category. If a judge has made a contribution to an entry, an alternative judge will be seconded to the panel.
12. The judges’ and the Guild Committee’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. There will be one winner in each category, unless the judges exercise their right not to make an Award in a category. The exception to this is the New Talent award where there may be two winners.
14. Winners will receive a Trophy, a personalised Award certificate and the right to use and display the Guild’s Award seal. Finalists will receive a personalised Award certificate and the right to use and display the Guild’s Finalist Award seal.
15. By entering, you grant the Guild the right to display your work, duly credited, at the Awards Lunch and elsewhere.
16. It is not possible to return Awards entry material. Books will be auctioned/sold for the Greenfingers Charity.
17. Winners will not be announced prior to the Awards event.