The Garden Media Guild Awards: General Rules
General Rules to Enter the Garden Media Guild Awards 2019
These ‘General Rules’ and the ‘Category Information’ provide the full details regarding entering the GMG Awards 2019.
1. All entries must have been published or broadcast between Monday 1 October 2018 and Tuesday 17 September 2019.
2. All entries must be received by Tuesday 17 September 2019. Late or incomplete entries will not be considered. All submissions will be checked and acknowledged by email. Please allow a week to receive your submission acknowledgement.
3. Each entry must be made using the official entry form published on the GMG website.
4. Entrants can enter as many categories as they want but can only enter one piece of work in each category. The exception to this is book publishers, who can make multiple entries. If they are GMG members, their first entry is free. All subsequent entries must be paid for.
5. The same piece of work may not be entered in more than one category, except for The Alan Titchmarsh New Talent Award, which can also be entered into one other appropriate category.
6. You may enter your own work or that of someone else. If the person whose work is being entered is a GMG member, there is no fee. But if, for instance, an editor who is a GMG member enters one of their writers who is a non-GMG member, the fee is applicable (£50 for books, £20 for other categories except “The Alan Titchmarsh New Talent” & “Cover of the Year” Awards which are free of charge).
7. If you are nominating someone’s work, please liaise with them to ensure there is only one entry per category.
8. With the exception of photography categories, all entries must have been published in English.
9. If payment is required for multiple entries, please use the “GMG Awards 2019 Payment Form”. If a purchase order number is required by your organisation, please ensure this is included on this form before submission. Following receipt of this form an invoice will be emailed to you and may be paid by BACS transfer or cheque.
10. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to "The Garden Media Guild". Note payment must be cleared by Tuesday 17 September 2019. Failure to make payment will invalidate the entry. If the entry criteria are not met, no refunds will be made.
11. It is not necessary to be a member of The Garden Media Guild in order to enter or to nominate work for an award. However, non-member entrants must be UK-based and their entries must be from UK media, except for the Blog of the Year and Website of the Year Awards where, as long as the material submitted is in English and available in the UK, entrants can be based overseas.
12. The judges reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if they deem it to be more appropriate.
13. Entries for each category will be considered by a panel of specialists. If a judge has made a contribution to an entry, he or she will be moved to a different category.
14. The judges’ and the Guild Committee’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. There will be one winner in each category, unless the judges exercise their right not to make an award in a category.
16. Winners will receive a framed, personalised award certificate and the right to use and display the Guild’s award logo. Finalists will have the right to use and display the Guild’s Finalist award logo. The award logo may not be adapted or changed in any way.
17. By entering, you grant the Guild the right to display your work, duly credited, at the Awards Lunch and elsewhere.
18. When the Guild announces and subsequently publishes the winners of the GMG Awards, the GMG only publishes the following information about the entrant: name, the category won and the work entered. This is the only personal information the GMG will provide to third parties and it is solely for the purpose of promoting or advertising the GMG Awards and the winners. If a third party wishes to make contact, we will forward correspondence to entrants.
19. It is not possible to return awards entry material.
20. Finalists will be notified by email on Wednesday 30 October 2019. Winners are not announced prior to the Awards event on Thursday 21 November 2019.
21. By entering the GMG Awards you are agreeing to all the above terms and conditions.