The Garden Media Guild Awards: General Rules
General Rules to Enter the Garden Media Guild Awards 2018
All the rules and full details on how to enter the 2018 Awards are here.
1. All entries must have been first published or broadcast between 1 October, 2017 and 30 September, 2018.
2. All entries must be received by 30 September, 2018. Late or incomplete entries will not be considered and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. All entries will be acknowledged by e-mail. Please allow two to three days to receive your acknowledgement e-mail, particularly around the 30 September deadline when large numbers of entries arrive at the same time
3. All entries must be made using a separate official Entry Form published on this website.
4. Entries by Garden Media Guild members are free. Each nomination from a non-Garden Media Guild member must be accompanied by an entry fee (£50 for books, £20 for other categories except The Alan Titchmarsh New Talent Award which is free of charge) to cover the Guild's administrative costs.
5. You may nominate your own work or that of someone else. But if they are not a Garden Media Guild member the non-member entry fee will be payable.
You may enter as many categories as you want, but can only enter one piece of work in each category. In addition, the same piece of work may not be entered in more than one category, except for The New Talent Award, which can also be entered into one other appropriate category.
Each entry must be accompanied by its own Entry Form and the appropriate entry fee, where applicable.
6. With the exception of photography categories, all entries must be in English. All entries must be available within the UK. 'Within the UK' is a liberal definition, which includes via the internet, in specialist outlets and via mail order.
7. Payment (see the Awards Payment Form) may be made by cheque or BACS transfer. E-mail The Guild Head Office at email@example.com to collect the GMG bank details for BACS payment.
If paying by cheque, please make it payable to "The Garden Media Guild". Failure to include an entry fee will invalidate the entry. If the entry criteria are not met, no refunds will be made.
8. It is not necessary to be a member of The Garden Media Guild in order to enter or to nominate work for an Award. However, non-member entrants must be UK-based and their entries must be from UK media, with the exception of the New Media Award, Blog of the Year and Website of the Year Awards where, as long as the material submitted is in English and available in the UK, entrants can be based overseas.
9. The judges reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if they deem it to be more appropriate. Please liaise with colleagues and associates to avoid duplication of entries.
10. All nominations will be treated in strict confidence.
11. Entries will be considered by a panel of invited specialists for each category. If a judge has made a contribution to an entry, he or she will be moved to a different category.
12. The judges’ and the Guild Committee’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. There will be one winner in each category, unless the judges exercise their right not to make an Award in a category. The exception to this is the New Talent award where there may be two winners.
14. Winners will receive a Trophy, a personalised Award certificate and the right to use and display the Guild’s Award seal. Finalists will receive a personalised Award certificate and the right to use and display the Guild’s Finalist Award seal.
15. By entering, you grant the Guild the right to display your work, duly credited, at the Awards Lunch and elsewhere.
When we announce and subsequently publish the winners of the GMG Awards, we only publish the following information about you: your name, the category you have won and the work you entered. This is the only personal information the GMG will provide to third parties and then solely for the purpose of promoting or advertising the GMG Awards and the winners.
16. It is not possible to return Awards entry material. Books will be auctioned/sold for the Greenfingers Charity.
17. Winners will not be announced prior to the Awards event.