Professional garden communication at its best
The Garden Media Guild (GMG), formerly the Garden Writers' Guild, is an association that brings together professional garden writers, authors, photographers, broadcasters, editors, lecturers and allied trades.
The Garden Media Guild's aims are to raise the quality of garden writing, photography and broadcasting, and to keep our members up-to-date with events in the world of gardening and horticulture.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to a wide range of like-minded creatives and the wider gardening industry.
- Quarterly magazine, GMG News, and monthly e-newsletter to ensure you are kept up-to-date with events, new books, publishing, photography and general gardening news.
- Free entry for submissions to the annual GMG Awards.
- 10% discount on business insurance.
- Exclusive discounts and offers from numerous companies and suppliers.
- Attending events, briefing days, garden visits and workshops specifically organised and designed to benefit members.
Some Words from our Members
Being invited on exclusive free visits to fascinating gardens all over the country is just one of the benefits of being a GMG member. There's nothing like being taken on a tour by a garden owner sharing their knowledge and passion – it’s inspiring and so informative.
Through the GMG, I'm kept up-to-date with all things in the world of gardening and horticulture, which is so useful in my job. Many of the gardeners, designers, writers, authors and places I've encountered through the GMG often end up being featured on radio and on my blog.
Being a member is also incredibly sociable - I've made lots of new friends through being with the nicest bunch of like-minded people around. I adore the summer garden parties in stunning locations with fizz, food and gossip in equal measure, plus the annual ritual of the GMG awards ceremony and the meet-ups at RHS and Gardeners’ World Live shows.
For me, being part of the Garden Media Guild gang is a must – both for business and pleasure.