Professional garden communication at its best
The Garden Media Guild (GMG), formerly the Garden Writers' Guild, is an association that brings together professional garden writers, authors, photographers, broadcasters, editors, lecturers and allied trades.
The Garden Media Guild's aims are to raise the quality of garden writing, photography and broadcasting, and to keep our members up-to-date with events in the world of gardening and horticulture.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to a wide range of like-minded creatives and the wider gardening industry.
- Quarterly magazine, GMG News, and monthly e-newsletter to ensure you are kept up-to-date with events, new books, publishing, photography and general gardening news.
- Free entry for submissions to the annual GMG Awards.
- 10% discount on business insurance.
- Attending events, briefing days and workshops specifically organised and designed to benefit members.
Some Words from our Members
“My day job is running Hayloft Plants, a multichannel garden plant retailer, which means I don’t have much spare time. The GMG is wonderful, as I regularly receive e-mail invitations to horticultural institutions and gardens that I've been meaning to visit since I fell into horticulture some 30 years ago. All I have to do is reply 'Yes' and turn up on the day. And it's free!
Last November, Hayloft Plants sponsored a table at the GMG Awards Lunch at the Savoy, inviting key customers from TV and media, and we all had a fantastic time. The GMG is such good value that I've encouraged one of my colleagues to join as an Associate member. If you work in horticulture, it’s a great organisation to belong to.”